Japanese Language Scholarship Foundation as known as Aurora Foundation
3127 Nichols canyon Road, Los Angeles, CA 90046. (323) 882-6545
Japanese Language Scholarship Foundation (Aurora Foundation) is currently accepting applications for the year 2014 Aurora Challenge Grant.
You can download the application form online at www.jlsf-aurora.org
The deadline has been extended to March 10, 2014, and qualification information is as follows.
【AURORA CHALLENGE GRANT】
Applications are now being accepted for the AURORA CHALLENGE GRANT (CG).
The grant will be awarded to a citizen of the USA who resides in California and has a unique dream, in any field of endeavor, which is related to Japanese culture and which it would never be possible to realize without traveling to Japan between fall 2014 and summer 2015.
There is no age limit and no GPA/Scholastic achievement requirement.
The award will go to an individual with a creative dream or challenge that, if fulfilled, would contribute to global goodwill and intercultural appreciation.
The winner will receive a $3000 scholarship and roundtrip air tickets up to $1,500 from the USA to Japan (economy class).
The recipient can travel anytime (for any duration) between fall 2014 and summer 2015.
By awarding this grant, the Aurora Foundation hopes to help the winner enhance the pursuit of her or his truest, most heartfelt dream by providing the opportunity for a once in a lifetime experience.
All applicants must be citizens of the USA. Selection criteria will include the commitment of the applicants to their dream projects, necessity of Aurora’s support, and positive future potential.
After the Japan trip, the grant awardee will be required to submit a report to the Aurora
Foundation about the experience in Japan and progress of the project.
AURORA CHALLENGE GRANT QUALIFICATIONS
• Applicant must be a citizen of USA residing in California.
• Must have a unique and voluntary dream or challenge which requires travel to Japan between fall 2014 and summer 2015.
• Must be available for an interview in person or by phone.
• Must be able to attend the award ceremony to be held in Los Angeles in Fall 2014.
(Date TBD). (Travel expenses and accommodations will be covered by JLSF as needed.)
AURORA CHALLENGE GRANT REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
• Completed application form
• Current resume/biography
• Materials supporting the applicant’s project or concept, if applicable (such as photographs, video, visual aids, etc.)
• Photograph of the applicant (optional)
• Two letters of reference
• A typed letter no longer than 3 pages on 8″ x 11″ (double spaced, font size12pt) that describes the potential scholarship recipient and the project.
The letter should include the applicant’s background, goals, current activities, and a detailed description of the proposed activity in Japan and a proposed budget (excluding airfare between the USA and Japan)
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION
All applications for the Aurora Charenge Grant must be submitted by March 10, 2014 to AURORA Challenge Grant Application
3127 Nichols Canyon Road. Los Angeles CA 90046
One winner will be from California and selection will be announced by June 2014. (Date TBD)
Entries, including photographs, will not be critiqued or returned.
From the time of submission, all entries are the property of the JLSF.
Applications will be judged by the Aurora Foundation selection committee and the JLSF BOARD of Directors, according to following criteria:
• Firm commitment to his/her drem project and to some facet of Japanese culture.
• Necessity of Aurora Foundation’s support.
• Experience and background pertinent to the applicant’s dream project.
• Future potential to enhance global goodwill and intercultural appreciation of mankind.