Imagine Little Tokyo Short Story Contest Guidelines 2020 (English)
- The story must be original, fictional, written in either Japanese or English by the submitting author and never been published (even online).
- The same story submitted in a previous year cannot be resubmitted.
- The setting of the story should be in Little Tokyo – either past, present or future.
- Submitted manuscript should be 2,500 words or less for English or 5,000 ji or less for Japanese and have a title.
- File should be a Microsoft Word doc, docx or rtf.
- For English-language entries, please use 12 point font, preferably Times Roman or Courier type and double space.
- Please remove any mention of your name from your short story, including headers.
- The short story manuscript must be submitted digitally as an e-mail attachment to Imaginelittletokyo@gmail.com (include SHORT STORY in the subject line). In the e-mail message, please include your name, phone number and age if 18 or under.
- The submissions should include a signed agreement, which can be found on this page. The agreement can be either e-mailed or sent via post.
- Submissions need to be e-mailed by February 15, 2020, 12 midnight PST. The deadline of January 31, 2020 was extended.
- Immediate family members of judges (first-round or final) are ineligible.
Back to Top Page