Download Link of Weekly Cultural News, Jan. 25 – 31 Issue
This is a complimentary issue: Let’s begin your subscription
Weekly Cultural News is a substitute publication for monthly Cultural News
Contents of Weekly Cultural News, Jan. 25 – 31, 2021
- Shukkeien: Japanese garden designed by tea master 400 years ago / Webinar to be held on Feb 01, at 7:00PM (PST)
- The Huntington Bonsai-A-Thon, Zoom Lecture on Feb. 27
- The Huntington Lecture, Two Sides of the Pacific: Japan and the Architecture of Greene & Greene, Zoom Lecture on March 18
- Online sumi-e show from San Diego on Jan. 30, at 10:00AM (PST)
- Virtual new taiko classes to start in February
- Japanese Percussion Lesson #32: Let’s learn about “KAEDE” melodic pattern
To readers of Monthly Cultural News
From Shige Higashi, Cultural News Editor
Amid COVID-19 outbreak, we had to suspend publishing Monthly Cultural News in April 2020 due to all Japanese cultural events were suspended at cultural centers and art museums in Southern California.
Since June 2020, we started publishing Weekly Cultural News as substitute for the monthly publication.
I started Cultural News in summer 1998 to introduce Japanese art exhibitions and local Japanese cultural events to the public, native Japanese and American-born Japanese.
I eventually discovered Southern California is the home of more than 100,000 native Japanese, and the majority became U.S. citizen but they still need Japanese culture.
In last 20 years, there are more international marriages than Japanese marriages in not only Los Angeles but also in the US. For ordinary people, cultures such as language, songs, dances, foods, visual arts and martial arts, are major connections to communities.
Keeping Japanese culture is still important parts of their life for the old and younger generations in Los Angeles.
In 2020, Cultural News received $20,000 donation against $30,000 goal.
COVID-19 pandemic forces us to use more technologies such as Zoom and Webinar. To meet these requirements, Cultural News needs $30,000 donation per year. Your supports are essential. https://www.culturalnews.com/donation
If you may have any questions about our projects and donation campaign, please contact Cultural News Editor Shige Higashi via: email@example.com or (213) 819-4100.