The Japanese government reviewed the restriction of visas to enter Japan on Feb. 24, and from March 1, visa applications for temporary visit for business/conference purposes, and work/long-term stay, were added to visa qualifications.
From March 7, the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles will accept the following categories by postal mail until March 31:
- Spouse/Child of Japanese Nationals
- Spouse/Child of Permanent Residents/Long-term residents
- Former Japanese Nationals
- Temporary visit for business/conference purposes
- Work/Long-term Stay (Except Students)
- Students with Certificate of Eligibility
Tourism, sightseeing, or transit visas are not accepted.
Those who wish to drop off their application package in-person may use the drop-off box inside the Los Angeles Consulate General office between the hours of 9:30am-11:30am and 1:15pm-3:15pm.
For more information, check the websites of the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles: