To readers of Monthly Cultural News
Amid COVID-19 outbreak, we had to suspend publishing Monthly Cultural News due to all Japanese cultural events were suspended at cultural centers and art museums.
For subscribers of Monthly Cultural News, we started publishing Weekly Cultural News as substitute for the monthly.
Currently Weekly Cultural News is free to the public to download.
Cultural News has been depended on subscription incomes and we face financial difficulties now because monthly subscriptions are stopped.
Beside publishing Weekly Cultural News, we send more times to support Japanese speaking communities in Los Angeles because they need Japanese language information to understand this crisis accurately.
Japanese language email blasts and video meeting arrangements are found at https://digest.culturalnews.com
We need $30,000 fund right away to continue current projects and resume publishing Monthly Cultural News. We have raised $6,500 as of the end of July. Your continuous supports are appreciated via https://culturalnews.com/donation
Free Download Link of Weekly Cultural News, July 27 – Aug. 2 Issue
Contents of Weekly CN, July 27 – Aug 02
- Los Angeles lost one of Japanese tradition keepers: Head of Azuma Dance School passed
- Ohayashi Juku (Japanese percussion lecture) Series #7 Video talks about “Festival Music”
- Virtual Stage: June 30: Kuniharu Yoshida (Los Angeles) Shodo Calligraphy
- Virtual Stage: July 7: Isabera Kazuai Lew (Oakland) Koto
- Virtual Stage: July 14: Kyle Abbott (Santa Cruz) and Su Bunjamin (Berlin) Tsugaru Shamisen
Your donation are appreciated via https://culturalnews.com/donation .
If you may have any questions about our projects and donation campaign, please contact Cultural News Editor Shige Higashi via: firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 819-4100.